Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Liberation War of Bangladesh


The plan:

I decided to attack the air head before it was too strong. A big show of strength would be staged as if to mob the enemy. Localities from the western side of the airfield with the help of civilians mastered by MNA Manik Chowdhury. When enemy’s attention would be fixed on the demonstration, the actual attack would be launched through the jungles of Khademnagar. One company of regulars and three of the EPR companies already in Sylhet were earmarked for this attack.
The disposition of my troops at this stage was, one company of irregulars on the Jaintiapare on the south of the Shalotikar airport. The second company was deployed on the Chhatak road. The troops of the EPR, from Sunamganj were further west on the Chhatak road. The regular company was placed in depth to guard the Surma bridge from the south bank. I could not spare any more troops for this action from what little I had in Ashuganj area. I was already under strength and the task ahead of me was too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment